News Alert
Water Restriction in Place Countywide

Update: Pet Store Fire Damages 2 Homes, Displaces 4 People

A stack of bales of hay caught fire at Kahoots Feed and Pet Store early Monday. The fire was contained shortly after 4 a.m.

Two homes are damaged and four people are displaced because of a fire that began early Monday morning at a pet store in downtown Ramona.

Authorities said a stack of bales of hay caught fire at at 947 Main St. early Monday, and flames spread to two nearby homes. Two adults and two children were displaced, a Cal Fire dispatcher said. No injuries were reported. 

Firefighters had the fire contained shortly after 4 a.m., authorities said. The Cal Fire dispatcher said the hay bales caught fire at around 2:30 a.m. and threatened power lines and two nearby propane tanks.

Authorities do not yet know what started the fire. 

City News Service contributed to this report.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »