Show your special someone the appreciation he or she deserves by giving your valentine the perfect present—found right here at home.
Five Gifts for Her
1. Bouquet of blossoms & cupcake confections: Flowers and chocolate always have a special place in a girl’s heart, but surprise her with a new twist this Valentine’s Day. Rather than roses and chocolate, pair your gal’s favorite flowers from with the choco-packed cupcakes from Poway’s bake champs at . A blooming pot of orchids and the Chocoholic cupcake are a duo sure to stun.
2. Shine the spotlight: Schedule a photo shoot with Visual Photography so that your lovelight can be captured at the center of attention. She’ll have a great time dressing up and going to different locations to flash that smile you love for the camera. She won’t mind if you jump in too!
3. Stress less at the spa: Lessen the stress in your woman’s life with a gift certificate to , where Swedish massages are a specialty among other salon care that will leave her refreshed and renewed! She’ll know you care when you send her to this oasis of relaxation.
4. Serenade softly: It’s OK if singing is not your forte. Spend Valentine’s Day night listening to Grammy Award winner Crystal Gale perform a selection of songs at the . Score some tickets to attend the Intimate Evening with Crystal Gale with your valentine.
5. Dine together: There is no better way to spend this holiday of love than with your loved one. Whether it is a night out at your favorite restaurant or a simple picnic at , a relaxing meal for two lets your gal know you love being in the relationship. has a special candle-lit dinner just for Valentine’s Day.
Five Gifts for Him
1. Triumphant trout: Poway is in the middle of trout season at Lake Poway, and there are plenty of fish to catch. Reel your man in and prepare him for a fishing trip by getting him the best fishing gear from . You may be the only fishy in the sea for your man, but he will have a splash when he’s fishing with just the right equipment.
2. Beer, BBQ and basketball: Football season may be over, but March Madness is not too far away. Get your beau a gift certificate to so that he and his buddies can have a guy’s night at the bar with backyard-barbecue meals and plenty of coverage during basketball season.
3. Olympic athlete: Is your man an active jock? has a multitude of training must-haves for the runner, swimmer and biker. Get him new gear, hydration packs, nutritional supplements—the store has something for every athlete.
4. Conquer the rocks: Start a new hobby with your hubby! This is a pastime both you and your guy can have fun with. Hidden in the business parks is the Solid Rock Gym, where you can scale the rock walls and feel the thrill of reaching the top. They offer a variety of packages, from one-day passes to memberships, making a unique Valentine’s Day gift.
5. Film fanatic: Is your guy always up-to-date with the latest movies? Help your valentine stay in the know with a gift certificate to . It is likely that he will turn to you for a movie date night, too!
Remember that Valentine’s Day is about appreciating the love in your life. As long as you are thoughtful and keep your significant other in mind, whatever token of love you choose to give to your valentine will be a success!