If this was your first full week of work since the holidays, you definitely deserve a break—so welcome to the weekend!
Patch found activities for the next few days coming full steam ahead!
Learn how to make a necklace and paint outdoors in Rancho Bernardo or watch international music acts in Poway on Sunday.
Here are five things in Rancho Bernardo and Poway this weekend.
Click on the links for more info.
- What's Up: Attend workshops all weekend long. Create a Zulu necklace with beads and stitching on Friday or take the Plein Air class on Saturday and paint outdoors.
- When: Zulu Necklace class will be on Friday, Jan. 11 from 1 to 5 p.m. Plein Air Class will be on Saturday, Jan. 12 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Icarus Creative Arts, Bernardo Winery, 13330 Paseo Del Verano Norte Ste H, Rancho Bernardo.
- Price: $45 plus $10 (Zulu Necklace) or $12 (Plein Air) for materials.
- What's Up: Dance on over to Poway Samurai Martial Arts for a Zumba party to raise money for Parkinson's Research.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 12 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Poway Samurai Martial Arts, 13160 Poway Rd, Poway.
- Price: Suggested donation of $30.
- What's Up: Kids can practice their reading skills with a therapy dog at the library.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 12 from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Where: Rancho Bernardo Library, 17110 Bernardo Center Dr, Rancho Bernardo.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: Listen toWestern and Americana styles of music with the Mark Jackson Band. Singer and songwriter Mark Jackson is influenced by artists such as Woody Guthrie, Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Willie Nelson.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 12 from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Where: Old Poway Park 14134 Midland Rd # A, Poway.
- Price: $18.
- What's Up: San Diego Chinese Art and Cultural Society will host a festival with the Greater San Diego Community Orchestra, a face changing artist and more!
- When: Saturday, Jan 12 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Poway Center for the Performing Arts, 15498 Espola Rd, Poway.
- Price: Ticket prices range from $15-$100.