Aaah, St. Patrick's Day—one of the major holidays combining the best of several others. You can eat like its Thanksgiving; Dress up like its Halloween (green strongly recommended); and drink like it's Octoberfest. Score!
Starting as a feast day as early as the 17th century, St. Patrick's Day has become one of the busiest days for bars and restaurants, with some, namely Irish pubs, going even more all out than others. If you're up for getting in touch with your true (or hypothetical) Irish roots, here are five local hot spots for some good eatin', good drinkin' and good pinchin' of that cute stranger who's not wearing green.
– The Irish is definitely coming out of this part Irish/part Italian pub this Thursday. Enjoy live music from the band 619, drink specials, and corned beef and cabbage from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
– With part of the holiday in the name, don't expect anything less than a big party! The pub opens at 11am and the beer garden at 2pm. Enjoy corned beef and cabbage, complimentary Irish soda bread, live entertainment by Eamon Carroll and Y3K, giveaways, and free cab rides home if you live within a 7 mile radius.
– Party for a good cause! The lounge opens at 9 a.m. for the March Madness games and is then offering a corned beef and cabbage dinner from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. as a fundraiser for the St. Gabriel's Catholic Church Knights of Columbus. You'll also find entertainment, drink specials and great comraderie.
- This old west themed restaurant may be known for their hamburgers, but wait till you try their corned beef! Enjoy an all-you-can-eat corned beef and cabbage dinner for $13.99 from 11am until the food's all gone.
– Taking the traditional Irish dinner to a different level, this favorite bar and restaurant will offer Colcannon (potato, cabbage and spring onion skillet fried to a crispy brown crust with a soft fluffy center) served with corned beef brisket and bacon infused cabbage. They'll also have Guiness Irish Stew and a new for this year, corned beef sliders. Drink specials include Leprechaun Sangria, Murphy's Irish Red, special release St. Patrick's Day Bud Light bottles and more! Be sure to get there early while supplies last.