The holidays are over and the new year is officially here!
If your new years resolution is to get out and see what's going on in Rancho Bernardo and Poway, Patch has you covered.
Start the new year off reading to a specially trained dogs in Rancho Penasquitos or go wine tasting on a Sunday afternoon in Rancho Bernardo.
Here are five must things to see and do this weekend.
Click on the links for more information.
- What's Up: San Diego Love On A Leash: Paws to Read Program will bring specially trained dogs to the library. Kids and adults will get the chance to read a book to four-legged friend.
- Where: Rancho Penasquitos Library, 13330 Salmon River Rd, San Diego.
- When: Friday, Jan. 4 from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: Kids ages 5 to 9 will be challenged both physically and mentally with the outdoor challenge. The program will teach kids about nature.
- Where: Sycamore Canyon/Goodan Ranch Preserve, 16281 Sycamore Canyon Road, Poway.
- When: Saturday, Jan. from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Price: Free.
- What's Up: Poway Valley Vaulters will host a 45-minute class of vaulting for kids ages 3-7. Learn how to stretch, tumble, do basic moves on the barrel, and more!
- Where: 14433 Tierra Bonita Rd, Poway.
- When: Saturday, Jan. 5 from 11 to 11:45 a.m.
- Price: $25 per class or $90 per month.
- What's Up: The BIG Exchange will give their members the chance to check out other musuems. There are 15 participating museums throughout San Diego.
- Where: Participating museums through San Diego county. Some museums include California Surf Museum, San Diego Botanic Garden, and USS Midway. Click here for a full list.
- When: Jan. 5 to 13.
- Price: Free or reduced pricing if you are member of one of the participating musuems.
- What's Up: Enjoy a taste of your favorite red or white wines. Wine tasting will be available for up to 16 guests.
- Where: The Barrel Room, 16765 Bernardo Center Dr, Rancho Bernardo.
- When: Sunday, Jan. 6 at 2 p.m.
- Price: $30 per guest.